Amoxycillin Potassium Clavulanate Injection
- Each vial contains:
- Sterile Amoxycillin sodium IP
- Equivalent to Anhydrous Amoxycillin 3.0gms
- Sterile potassium clavulanate IP
- Equivalent to clavulanic acid 0.6gms
Combination of Amoxycillin with clavulanic acid provides satisfactory results in the treatment.
Mode of action:
- Amoxycillin: It is an obvious choice of treatment of enteric infections and skin infections.
- Clavulanic acid: It is a beta lactamase inhibitor structurally related with penicillin which helps to overcome the resistance produced by the micro organisms.
- Respiratory tract infections.
- Skin and soft tissue infections.
- Enteric infections.
- infections of genitourinary tract.
- Otitis in dogs and farm animals.
- In farm animals diseases of urinary and mammary systems are treated with comaxvet CP-3.6
- Large animals: 15mg/kg B.wt by 1/m or 1/v route twice a day or 10ml
- dilution - 10ml 1/m daily.
- S and G - 10ml dilution -2ml 1/m daily.
- Dog - 10ml dilution - 1ml 1/m daily.
- Dog & Cat: 8 mg/kg B.wt 1/v or 1/m route twice a day.
Withdrawal period: Milk - 2 days; Meat - 7 days.